What type of drug is largactil?
Table des matières
- What type of drug is largactil?
- What are the side effects of largactil?
- Is largactil still used?
- Is largactil an antipsychotic?
- How does largactil make you feel?
- How much largactil can I take?
- What is largactil 25mg used for?
- Who made largactil?
- What were the first psychiatric drugs?
- Does largactil make you sleepy?
- What is Largactil used to treat?
- What does Largactil syrup taste like?
- What is Thorazine (Largactil)?
- Can I drink alcohol with Largactil 10mg tablet?
What type of drug is largactil?
Chlorpromazine is a psychiatric medication that belongs to the class of drugs called phenothiazine antipsychotics. It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.
What are the side effects of largactil?
Chlorpromazine may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- dizziness, feeling unsteady, or having trouble keeping your balance.
- blank facial expression.
- shuffling walk.
- unusual, slowed, or uncontrollable movements of any part of the body.
Is largactil still used?
Chlorpromazine is still used today, although in the UK more modern antipsychotics are prescribed far more frequently. Nevertheless, it remains on the World Health Organization list of essential medicines.
Is largactil an antipsychotic?
Chlorpromazine (CPZ), marketed under the brand names Thorazine and Largactil among others, is an antipsychotic medication. It is primarily used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia.
How does largactil make you feel?
The most common side-effects are feeling drowsy or dizzy, blurred vision and dry mouth. Chlorpromazine may cause your skin to become more sensitive to sunlight than normal.
How much largactil can I take?
Hide table of contents
|Children 1-5 years
|25 mg initially then 25-50 mg every 3-4 hours until vomiting stops then drug to be taken orally.
|0.5 mg/kg 6-8 hourly. It is advised that maximum daily dosage should not exceed 40 mg.
What is largactil 25mg used for?
Largactil is used to treat various problems such as severe depression or behavioural disturbances. Largactil can also be used to treat nausea, vomiting, severe pain and unstoppable hiccups. Your doctor may have prescribed Largactil for another reason.
Who made largactil?
Chlorpromazine was synthesized on Decem by Paul Charpentier, in the laboratories of Rhône-Poulenc, a French pharmaceutical company, and released for clinical investigation in May 1952 as a possible potentiator of general anesthesia (Charpentier et al 1952).
What were the first psychiatric drugs?
The introduction of thorazine, the first psychotropic drug, was a milestone in treatment therapy, making it possible to calm unruly behavior, anxiety, agitation, and confusion without using physical restraints. It offered peace for patients and safety for staff.
Does largactil make you sleepy?
Largactil may cause drowsiness in some people. Make sure you know how you react to Largactil before you drive a car, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are dizzy or light-headed. If this occurs, do not drive. If you drink alcohol, dizziness or light-headedness may be worse.
What is Largactil used to treat?
- Largactil is used to treat various problems such as severe depression or behavioural disturbances. Largactil can also be used to treat nausea, vomiting, severe pain and unstoppable hiccups. Your doctor may have prescribed Largactil for another reason. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Largactil has been prescribed for you.
What does Largactil syrup taste like?
- Largactil syrup* is a dark orange syrupy liquid with the odour of spearmint / peppermint, and is slightly fruity. Syrup is available in an amber glass 100mL bottle with a childproof cap. Largactil for injection is a clear liquid in a 2mL glass ampoule, in a pack of 10 ampoules.
What is Thorazine (Largactil)?
- Other Brand Name: Thorazine. Largactil ( Thorazine, Chlorpromazine ) is an anti psychotic drug of low-potency. Used in the treatment of disorganized and psychotic thinking. Also used to help treat false perceptions (e.g. hallucinations or delusions.) Chlorpromazine ( Thorazine, Largactil) is also sometimes to treat psychotic children.
Can I drink alcohol with Largactil 10mg tablet?
- Largactil 10mg Tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Largactil 10mg Tablet.